Friday, June 1, 2012

Neutrals Week - Day 4


2012-06-01

Blouse - J.Crew, Resale Shop
Skirt - Thrifted
Heels - Antonio Melani, Dillard's


Today's outfit features just about the easiest redo you can do. Resizing an elastic waist skirt.  I found this skirt at my local thrift store.  It was hanging in the plus size section, a place I don't usually browse, but with a pattern like this, how could I miss it?  Despite being an XL, it's XS price tag ($2.50) convinced me to bring it home.  I took a pair of scissors to the seam at the back of the waistband, pulled the elastic out until I had a good fit, cut the excess elastic and sewed the ends back together.  I didn't even bother to stitch the seam back up.  I'm tempted to try this skirt with the crinoline I wore for my wedding.  Too Betty Draper?




skirt before

Before.


I'll announce the winner of the eShakti giveaway later today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form