Monday, March 5, 2012

Blah to Blog-Worthy

I'll be the first to admit that this outfit is not bad. But should that really be my goal? To wear outfits that are "not bad". While perfectly serviceable, I think I can take this "not bad" outfit and make it a little more interesting.

Last time I took an outfit from Blah to Blog-Worthy by changing just one item.  This week (okay it was really last week, you can tell by my haircut) I'm doing the same thing, but I'm giving you four Blog-Worthy looks, each created by changing out one item from the original outfit.  This really goes to show how much one piece can affect an outfit and also demonstrates the remixing possibilities.



2012-02-21 A


Outfit 1 - Blah

This outfit is not without merit. It has color. It has pattern. The pieces fit well. The proportions are balanced.  It might even pass for sophisticated.  It is classic, but does it have enough quirk?  I think we can do better.





2012-02-21 B


Outfit 2 - Blog-Worthy

I switched out the monochromatic scarf for something a little more colorful.  Now my jeans are not the one hit wonder of the outfit and I have a little color near my face (the application of lipstick also doesn't hurt).





2012-02-21 C


Outfit 3 - Blog-Worthy

I switched out the plain grey sweater for a striped shirt.  Now I'm doing a little bit of neutral pattern mixing.




2012-02-21 E


Outfit 4 - Blog-Worthy

Here I switched out the tweed blazer for a printed coat.  Still neutral pattern mixing, but the bold pattern on the coat has more of an impact.




2012-02-21 D


Outfit 5 - Blog-Worthy

I switched out the red skinny jeans for a short silk skirt in painterly blues and greens.  The fullness of the skirt give the outfit a touch of feminine.  I'm also branching out by mixing a neutral pattern with a colorful pattern.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form