Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blah to Blog-Worthy

Sometimes an outfit needs a make-under not a makeover. I really wore the first outfit to work today, but felt kind of blah.  I always want to make my outfits a mix of classic and quirky, but this crosses the line into just plain wacky.



2012-02-29


Outfit 1 - Blah

The skirt is a little too short for the outfit.  I originally had heels on this morning, but that was way too "sexy secretary".  I switched to the brogues thinking it would tone down the outfit, but it just ends up looking dumpy and out of proportion.  And I'm not sure the world is ready for plaid mixed with polka dots.




2012-02-29 B


Outfit 2 - Blog-Worthy

I switched the skirt out for my trouser jeans.  A yellow polka dot tie-neck skirt is bold enough to stand on its own.  The wide leg of the jean balances out the fitted proportion on top.  Simple and classy.


Blazer - Ann Taylor, Thrifted
Blouse - Vintage, Thrifted
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Antonio Melani, Thrifted



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form