Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You Search, I Answer: Colored Jeans


Today's You Search, I Answer came in the form of an email from Missey. She states:

"I love all of the skinny colored jeans that are out right now...in fact, I own three pairs(cobalt blue, eggplant, fuschia/red)! My problem is in styling; I seem to only wear black, white, or grey tops with them for fear of looking too "busy". Do you have any suggestions?"

I sure do! Let me introduce you to my fail-proof equation:

colored jean + new neutral + touch of interest = bold, but not busy

The color of jean is up to you.  Add one of my favorite neutrals: navy, camel, or chambray or one of the patterns I consider a new neutral: polka dots, stripes, the list goes on and on.  For the final touch, a bit of interest.  This can come in the form of color, pattern, texture, or shine (I'm pretty sure I just stole this from Clinton and Stacy).  The key to balancing bold jeans is to keep the other pieces sleek and simple with a dash special.  


Cobalt Jeans



Outfit 1 - Cobalt + Chambray + Touch of Pink
Outfit 2 - Cobalt + Navy + Touch of Red
Outfit 3 - Cobalt + Navy + Touch of Turquoise


Red Jeans



Outfit 1 - Red + Chambray + Touch of Rugged
Outfit 2 - Red + Navy Stripe + Touch of Turquoise
Outfit 3 - Red + Camel + Touch of Equestrian



Eggplant Jeans



Outfit 1 - Eggplant + Chambray + Touch of Print
Outfit 2 - Eggplant + Camel + Touch of Berry
Outfit 3 - Eggplant + Navy Dots + Touch of Turquoise





If you have any styling questions of your own, feel free to shoot me an email at unusualform (at) gmail (dot) com.  Who knows? You may see your own question answered here on the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form