Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Catalog to Kara: J.Crew, Again

What is it about J.Crew?  So classy, so chic.  So expensive!  Since I can't buy J.Crew at full retail, I must instead ripoff recreate outfits from the website and catalog with clothes I already own.  This week's outfit is similar to last week's

Prim jacket + unexpected shirt + mussed hair = unequivocal coolness.





I recreated this look to infuse my work wear with a little attitude.  So how did I do?  Lady-like jacket? Check.  Striped button-up?  Sadly, un-check.  I would love to have this top, but at $110, no thanks!  I'll stick to my striped tees instead.  Dark skinny jeans? Check.  Messy pony?  Nope.  Ironic smirk? Nope, again.  I'm smiling like a total cheese ball.  Oh well, I had to make it my own, didn't I?  How many question can I ask in one paragraph?  Eight, apparently.


2011-12-14

Jacket - Express, Thrifted
Striped Tee - BDG, Urban Outfitters
Skinnies - BDG, Urban Outfitters
Black Boots - Vintage
Necklace - Vintage


I do have some brand new J.Crew coming straight from the website.  Got to love birthday gift certificates.  Thanks, Mom and Dad!  My new purchases should be in next week.  I can't wait to share them with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form