Friday, September 16, 2011

Fishing for Fall

I love it when I thrift something that is on my "to buy" list.  In the last few months alone I've found a blush colored blouse, a cream blazer, a lady-like jacket, black boots, and a fitted fisherman sweater. All were things I was willing to pay retail for and to count as one the pieces in my 5 Piece French Wardrobe. I paid between $4.00 and $6.50 for these items and didn't have to count them against my list.

I just found the latest, the fitted fisherman sweater, this weekend at a much maligned spot, the chain resale shop. I didn't find it at the chain resale shop that everyone loves to hate (I'm looking at you Plato), but another more local chain.  I've never tried to sale here, but I like to shop here because I can occasionally find Banana, J.Crew, or Anthro here.

This trip they were having a end of season sale so a lot of their summer clothes were $3.00.  That's cheaper than some thrift stores.  Our local Goodwill sales tops for $3.50. I managed to find a cute Anthro t-shirt on sale for $3.00. The fitted fisherman sweater was $6.50. Maybe slightly higher prices than Goodwill, but I hardly ever find sweaters or tees at Goodwill, most are too pilled up.

All of this is to say, occasionally check out the resale shops geared more to teens and tweens.  You never know. Their judgement could have momentarily slipped causing them to buy something nice for once.



2011-09-16


Blazer - Vintage, Goodwill (Unblogged)
Sweater - Gianni Bini, Resale Shop (Unblogged)
Skinnies - F21, Plato's Closet (Unblogged)
Heels - Kenneth Cole Reaction, Thrifted
Necklace - Vintage
Bracelet - Mom'd

There will be no Thrift Finds for the Week tomorrow and post may be spotty early next week.  This weekend I'm going to my hometown for my wedding showers (yes, showers).  They just happen to coincide with work meetings in that part of the state.  So I'll be back to posting sometime next week with a round-up of the dresses I wore to the showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form