Monday, August 1, 2011

More Deception and Money Matters

My blogging deception has been well documented, but I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who practices this particular art of deception.  I started out with the best of intentions, but my hair went into a pony tail as soon as this image was taken, and those heels came off by lunch time. Oh, well.  I tried.  For the camera at least.

This outfit features some of my latest thrift finds.  The jacket is J.Crew and was purchased at the new Goodwill that just opened last week.  The purple shoes were purchased at a different Goodwill in the next town up.  They are brand-new Antonio Melani.  The bottoms weren't even scuffed.



2011-08-01


Jacket - J.Crew, Thrifted
Pants - J.Crew
Heels - Antonio Melani, Thrifted
Jewelry - Vintage

I'm trying to be a good girl when it comes to shopping.  I know that come this fall, I'm going to have to stick to a budget.  The amount of $25 per week has been tossed about as a future shopping budget.  This sounds pretty generous, but it's going to take a while to add up for those big ticket items.  Those grey flats that I want from Banana Republic?  Over four weeks of not buying a single thing.  That classic trench?  Two months of not stepping foot in a thrift store.  It sounds daunting right now, but it will probably be good for me.  It will definitely be good for my wallet.

I started really tracking my spending this last week to get into training for the new budget.  I set up $25 a week for shopping, but went over so much last week that I started this week with negative $4.14.  In my defense, last week I went to two Goodwills that I had never been to before, one of which was brand new.  You can't not go to the Grand Opening of a new Goodwill.  

This budget thing is going to be challenging to say the least.  What about you?  Do you have a budget that you have to stick to or is your spending more "flexible"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form