Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Colorful Professional, An Oxymoron?

We've already determined that Thrifty Professional is not an oxymoron, but what about Colorful Professional?  Oh sure, I know that there are plenty of people who wear plenty of color to work each day.  It's just that I think that there's a line and I just crossed it.

In my new job, I'm finding myself coming in frequent contact with clients, contractors, suppliers, mostly men, mostly of the mature variety.  I know that I'm young-looking and female.  Am I putting myself at a further disadvantage by dressing quirky?

Take today's outfit for example.  I wore turquoise jeans and red wedges.  I did throw on my cream blazer for work.  But is cream blazer enough to cancel out pattern, and turquoise, and red?  How do you find yourself tempering your clothes based on your job or who is going to be present?  I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the place of color and quirkiness in the workplace.




2011-08-23


Tank - Loft (Unblogged)
Skinnies - F21, Plato's Closet
Wedges - Jeffery Campbell
Belt - Thrifted
Bracelet - Vintage

Someone found my blog by searching for "I wish I was more colorful".  Haha!  Well, they found the right place for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form