Thursday, August 18, 2011

Climate Control

After this record-breaking summer, I never thought that I would complain about air conditioning again, but brrrr.  My new office has an efficient unit to say the least.  We're taking need a sweater, boots, and cup of cocoa cold.  So now I have the added challenge of dressing for outside temps that are in the 100s and indoor temps that are comparable to a meat locker.  I seriously wanted to wear my boots today, but thought that it would be silly considering that the high was supposed to be 104.

I know that you're all yelling at your computers by now.  LAYERS!  Yes, layers are the answer to my dilemma.  I'm breaking the cardigans out of their summer retirement.  I must say that I'm am excited about the prospect of layers.  They definitely add dimension to an outfit.

Today I broke out two unblogged pieces. My cardigan is an unidentical twin sweater to this cardigan from my summer 24 for 29. The blouse is another silk Banana Republic number, but I bought this at an actual Banana Republic (though I know I didn't pay full price).

Since my outfit is muted.  I decided to let my lips be the pop of color.  Today I'm wearing NARS lipstick in Heat Wave.  NARS is my favorite brand of lipstick.  The colors are so vibrant and pretty and they last all day.


2011-08-18


Cardigan - Madison (Unblogged)
Blouse - Banana Republic (Unblogged)
Skinnies - BDG, Urban Outfitters
Belt -Bought in Spain
Flats - Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form