Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrifted Paper Doll

Alright, you've probably guess by now, but I gave up on my 30 for 30 or 24 for 30 or whatever.  My biggest problem this time around was trying to keep everything clean.  In the winter you can usually get two wears out of most clothing, but not with summer.  I was lucky to make it all the way through one day with the same outfit on.  I guess I made a valiant effort with my 24 for 28?, especially considering everything that has been going on in my non-blogging life.

I had several more outfits planned with my chosen items.  Honest, I did.  I promise I'll wear them (once the items come through the wash).  Now on to more pressing items, like today's outfit.

As most of you know, today is Paper Doll Project and EBEW Special Thrifted Edition.  My PDP partner Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy (and PDP founder) devised a outfit for me that covers both bases.  My chosen item was this teal thrifted skirt.  It was originally a midi skirt, but looked a little frumpy, so I hemmed it up during the commercial breaks of "So You Think You Can Dance".


July PDP Outfit


Blouse - Vintage
Skirt - Thrifted, Altered
Necklace - Thrifted, Gifted
Belt - Resale Shop
Flats -  Thrifted
 
Suze specified this yellow polka dot top and pink accessories.  In honor of EBEW Thrift Edition, I chose to use all second hand items.  Blouse and belt not strickly thrifted, but they are definitely preowned.

Don't I look very Suze in my colorful outfit? 



Before


The frumptastic before.



EBEW: Thrift

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form