Monday, July 11, 2011

Surprise Weekend - Outfit 24 &25

Part Two of my engagement surprise (aside from the engagement itself) was that my boyfriend had, unbeknownst to me, planned a weekend getaway to Kansas City.  After dinner Friday night, we rushed back to pack bags and then hopped in the car to head out.  He actually wanted to have my bag packed for me, but he knew better than to try to pick out clothes for me, plus I would have noticed the missing clothes.

We spent most of the car ride up calling friends and family to share the good news.  D had booked a hotel within walking distance of The Plaza which is a major shopping district in Kansas City.  The man certainly knows the way to my heart.  We spent Saturday morning perusing the shops and then went Saturday afternoon to the Nelson-Atkins Museum.  We were equally in awe of the new addition by architect Steven Holl and the special exhibit of Monet's Waterlilies.




Outfit 24


Blouse - Urban Renewal, Resale Shop
Capris - Old Navy
Belt - Gap
Flats - Thrifted

I feel like Emily standing in front of such cool architecture.  Now if only I can get my boyfriend fiance to take more than two outfit photos at a time.

Saturday night, we went to dinner at a Spanish restaurant that had been recommended to us.  This was my first experience with Spanish food (outside of Spain) and let me say, it was amazing.  That dinner alone made it worth the drive.  Seriously, I had the best mushrooms I've ever put in my mouth plus the sausage, chorizo, the cheese, these potatoes covered in garlic, on and on. All I can say is, "Yum!"

Sunday morning we got in a little more exploration of the city before heading back home.  All in all it was a fun trip and a great addition to an already memorable weekend.





Outfit 25


Chambray - Gap
Shorts - Mossimo, Target
Flats - Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form