Monday, June 20, 2011

Shadow and Light - Outfit 6

Today is another one of my (unplanned) all second-hand outfits. I think some people have the idea that dressing second-hand means having a certain aesthetic. It's hard to put into words, but you know the look I'm talking about. One that just screams "thrifted" or "used". Some people can pull off that look and make it look cool, but for most of us it just looks like we've been digging through the rag bag.

My look tends to be a little more put together and structured. It takes more looking and more digging (not through the rag bag), but I'm able to cultivate my own style through second-hand shopping. With enough patience, I believe that anyone can shop second-hand within their own look.

Take today's outfit for example. All second-hand, but a look I would still wear if it were all new. J.Crew has had several yellow skirts recently that I just love, but can't afford. A $4.00 skirt at Goodwill still gets me the look I crave, but at a price I can swallow. Basically what I'm saying is that you can make second-hand shopping fit your style and not the other way around.


Outfit 6A


Shirt - J.Crew, Plato's Closet
Skirt - Vintage, Thrifted
Shoes - Thrifted
Belt - Resale Shop
Bracelet - Vintage, Mae's Emporium



Outfit 6B

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form