Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not quite UO, but...

You know those times when you see an item, be it clothing, jewelry, or home decor and say, "I can make that." Well, this skirt was one of those times. I've been eying this skirt at Urban Outfitters and though the price isn't totally outrageous, I thought that my sewing skills were probably up to the challenge. I have made two similar skirts previously using this tutorial.





One trip to Hancock fabric and less than an hour of quality time with my sewing machine and voila! All I'm missing is the matching tie. It's coming, I just haven't got around to it. I couldn't get fabric in the exact rusty shade that I wanted so melon will have to suffice for now.



Outfit 04.08.11

Jacket - Anthropologie
Tank - J.Crew
Skirt - Self-Made
Sandals - Lucky
Belt - Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form