Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Future Vintage

I'm doing full-on 70s today, even my students recognized my nod to the decade du jour. What's funny is that my 70s inspired outfit is comprised of all modern pieces (besides my jewelry). These jeans were my first purchase for my Spring 5 Piece French Wardrobe. Like the jacket from yesterday, I believe that these jeans were also a good investment. Although they have only been feature once before on my blog, I've worn them several times and always feel long, lean, and groovy when I do.

One of the comments from yesterday got me thinking about tomorrow's vintage, you know those pieces that your daughter will find in the back of your closet one day. In junior high, I loved to wear my mom's left over clothes from the 70s. With my current wardrobe, I have a tendency to filter things out pretty quickly once they no longer fit my style (or fit in general) but I have recently thought of purposely keeping some things as "future vintage". What are your thoughts on this? Is it silly to keep things back? For a daughter you may not even have?



Outfit 04.26.11 A


Blouse - Banana Republic (via consignment)
Jeans - Gap
Heels - Gianni Bini
Belt - Coldwater Creek
Jewelry - Vintage



Outfit 04.26.11 B

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form