Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sew, What's New? (Oh, that's so corny.)

Yesterday, I did something that I have never, ever done in my whole entire life. I made a piece of clothing based on a commercial pattern, and I did it all by myself. It was a long process. I'm unfamiliar with "proper" sewing techniques such as binding seams. The piece in question is the floral tank I'm wearing below. You might recognize the fabric from this project. If you ever see me wearing this in public, please don't examine the craft too closely. It looks good in photos, but the details are sort of rough, kind of like a room makeover on HGTV.



Outfit 03.10.11

Cardigan - Anthropologie
Tank - Self-Made
Jeans - Anthropologie
Boots - Nurture
Accessories - Vintage



Outfit 03.10.11 Detail


See that twisted neck detail. Fancy. Oh, yeah.




Outfit 03.10.11 Pattern

I used a Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity pattern. The tank I made is letter "A". If you watch your local sewing supply store, you can occasionally find these on sale for $1.00. Getting the pattern on sale makes it easier to take the plunge and actually attempt to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form