Friday, March 18, 2011

French Safari?

When was the last time you wore French cuffs? Mine was probably 6th grade. I was going through a Clueless stage. I don't necessarily mean that I was clueless (though I probably was). "Clueless" was my favorite movie at the time and very much influenced my fashion choices for the year. I remember meticulously planning my outfit for the first day of school. White polo shirt with pink argyle accents, matching pink mini skirt with suspenders, white knee socks, and black mary janes. I'll definitely have to dig that picture up the next time I'm at my parents'. It would be good for a few laughs.

I like to think of this outfit as more "militant safari". The shirt was purchased in the aftermath of the Fall 30 for 30 challenge. Based on my "lessons learned", I thought it would be great to stock up on printed shirts that would look cute under things, add a little pop of pattern. I found this silk shirt from The Limited at Goodwill. I had mixed feelings about it for a while. It didn't feel very "Kara". I guess that's why it's been hanging there unworn for several months. I finally decided to take the plunge and wear it, mostly due to my mini challenge. I'm glad I did. I think that it could be surprisingly versatile.


Outfit 031811


Cardigan - J.Crew
Blouse - The Limited, Thrifted (1st time out)
Skirt - Banana Republic
Flats - Naturalizer
Belt - Thrifted



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form