Wednesday, February 23, 2011

22 of 30

One thing I do to spice up the 30 for 30 challenge is to make a new accessory using material I have on hand. It recreates the thrill of getting something new, that rush we all get from shopping, but I haven't spent a penny and I'm flexing my crafting muscle.



Scarf 1

Last night I made an infinity scarf using this tutorial. It was really easy. Depending on your skill level, you could whip one of these babies out in 15 minutes.




Scarf 2

It was so easy, in fact, that I made another one this morning. The fabric for both of the scarves came from the bag o' fabric that I got at a yard sale, a whole garbage bag for $5.00. I've previously used some of the fabric here.




Outfit 22

Blazer - Vintage, Thrifted
Tee, Bracelet - Vintage, Mom'd
Skirt - Vintage, Thrifted, Altered
Boots - Frye (via consignment)
Scarf - Self Made
Belt - Thrifted


Wow! An all secondhand outfit. This may be a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form