Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow and Shopping

Well, if it's going to be dark and dreary outside, it might as well SNOW! And that's exactly what it's doing at the moment. I know you northern girls don't find this so excited, but for anyone south of the Mason-Dixon it's rare, therefore, fun. I must live a boring life if the weather is my most bloggable subject. On to something more blog-worthy.

Yesterday, I had a shopping day, my last for a while, because starting the first week of February, I'm doing another round of 30 for 30. You know what that means. No shopping for a month. I could really use the ban, too. I've been good about sticking to NNNY, but even second-hand can be expensive.


Garbo's

Yesterday's sojourn began at Garbo's a vintage and resale shop located on the next street over from my apartment. A two story Queen Anne, filled with fabulous frocks. Oh my! I left with this 1950's beauty and a bracelet.


Goodwill

Next stop, Goodwill. They were actually having 50% off the entire store. This is the first time this store has had a sale since I started shopping there. Skirts for $2.00 and the dress for $2.50. The skirts need to be shortened. The dress is entire too big, but I have big alternation plans for it. One word: eyelet.


Celery

My last stop was Celery, a high-end resale boutique. We're talking $1000 Chanel suits. Luckily they do have some more budget friendly items, like this UO skirt and Anthro jacket.



Outfit 01.20.11

Outfit worn to teach today, not shopping yesterday. Pretty good for something I threw together in 10 minutes.

Sweater - LC Lauren Conrad (Kohl's)
Skirt - Old Navy
Boots - Vintage
Necklace - Simply Vera Vera Wang (Kohl's)
Bracelet - Vintage
Belt - TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form