Sunday, December 5, 2010

Around the World in 40 Outfits

So this evening we had a missions banquet at our church, part of the festivities was an international fashion show. A missionary couple brought 40 outfits out of the over 200 that they had collected in their travels around the world. Various members of the church (including me and my dad) modeled outfits for the show.


Maasai Costume

My first outfit was full on Maasai from Kenya. I had on a pile of intricately beaded jewelry. Apparently the amount of jewelry one wears is an indication of wealth. Well at least for one night I was prosperous.


India Costume

My second outfit was from India. I've always loved all the bright colors of the Indian culture. If I could decorate my life with The Darjeeling Limited, I would.



China Necklace

There was so much gorgeous fabric and jewelry. Everyone else thought I was crazy, because I kept saying, "Oh! I would wear that in real life. Oh, and that, too!" This necklace from China was just one of the examples of something that I could totally rock in real life. I think that the 30 for 30 challenge has made me bolder, especially when it comes to accessorizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form