Wednesday, December 1, 2010

23 of 30

I found out that I can update my wardrobe using things I find on my apartment floor. Yes, you read that right. Yesterday, I found myself yearning for something new. I still have a week left in the 30 for 30 challenge, so I knew it had to be something I could make from what I had on hand. I headed to the good old internet for some inspiration. A short time later, I found this fabric flower tutorial. I literally picked up a scrap of fabric off my living room floor that was left over from a recent project. It took me 30 minutes, tops, to knock this baby out. The project was so easy that even someone who is not particularly skilled at sewing could make it. All you need is a needle, thread, a scrap of fabric, and a scrap of patience.


Outfit 23

Day 23 (Day Off)

Blazer - Gap
Grey Tee - Gap
Skinny Jeans - Banana Republic
Black Flats - Banana Republic
Fabric Flower - Self-Made


Fabric Flower


The fabric I used for the flower is vintage thrifted. I've previously used it for my kitchen curtains. The button in the center was a vintage one I had on hand. Those who are new to my blog may not realize that I really enjoy sewing and crafting. Check out my blog archive and Flickr page for my past projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form